Do you eat breakfast every morning?
Did you know that nearly 40% of kids don’t? Now that summer is over and school is back in session, it is important to eat breakfast every day to give your body the fuel it needs. Even though mornings can be hectic trying to pick out an outfit or run to the bus, take some time to eat a nutritional breakfast. You will feel the difference!
Everybody says breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and let me tell you why:
1. It gives your body key nutrients it needs to keep you moving through the day.
2. It helps you keep your energy up so you don’t get tired.
3. It helps you concentrate better in school and get better grades.
4. It helps you make healthier choices throughout the day.
When mornings get busy or because they just don’t feel hungry yet, many girls skip breakfast. Don’t do it! Skipping this meal will leave you feeling hungry, tired and unable to focus. According to Everydayhealth.com, these five simple changes in your routine can make sure you have time for breakfast.
1. Get up ten minutes earlier. It sounds simple, and it is!
2. Don’t eat right before bed. This way, you’ll be hungry for breakfast in the morning.
3. Plan ahead with your parents so you have fast and easy options for breakfast on-the-go.
4. Prepare your breakfast the night before. You can cut up fruit or pour cereal in a bowl.
5. Get the rest of your family involved and follow these fun family breakfast ideas.
New Moon Girls know the importance of getting good nutrition. When Freeda in Ohio asked others for tips on how to fit breakfast in her morning routine, she received lots of helpful advice.
For example, Maddie in Ohio said, “Sometimes I eat breakfast on the go, so if you walk or drive to school, maybe you could take a little breakfast/snack with you!”
Did you know New Moon has an entire page dedicated to breakfast recipes? Here, you can search for or submit recipes for your favorite breakfast dishes!
New Moon Girls Veda and Phoebe from New York host “The Phoebe and Veda Cook Show.” Check out episode 1 to learn how to make cinnamon rolls. In episode 2, they demonstrate how to make scrambled eggs! If you have a favorite recipe you’d like to demonstrate, upload your own cooking video!
Do you love to cook? What is your favorite breakfast dish? How do you make time for a nutritional breakfast before school? Share your tips with us in your comments below!
New Moon Intern