What a year it has been! As we prepare for 2011, we look back on all of the events that have occurred in 2010. Many of these events made us excited and inspired. Others moments, like the natural disaster in Haiti, make us look to the next year for a fresh start. Read below for a year in review, based of my blogs!
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill – The leak started in April and could not be plugged until three months later! This affected families, the ecosystem and the economy in the Gulf of Mexico area.
- “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” – After much debate, the U.S. government repealed this law about the gay men and women who serve in the military.
- Wear the Pants Day – New Moon celebrated our first Wear the Pants Day!
- Senate Election in California - It was a big year for women in politics.
- Getting the Word Out About New Moon! – New Moon Girls got creative about how to Save New Moon!
- Be a Witch for a Day! – Universal studios opened a brand new theme park: the “Wizarding World of Harry Potter.”
- Tea Party Movement in the U.S. - A new political movement created debate about U.S. policies.
- Glee – The TV show gains widespread popularity in the media.
- SPARK Summit– What It’s All About! – A movement toward the healthy representation of girls in the media!
What was your favorite story or event, and why? What do you look forward to in the New Year… for yourself and for your country? We want to hear your reflections on 2010 and hopes for 2011, so please comment below!